FruitBreeding - Link to FruitGateway sites | The James Hutton Institute
The individual sites within FruitGateway are:
- FruitGateway.co.uk is a portal that provides an access point to the four web sites described below. Additionally it gives an introduction to the main fruit crops we work with and a synopsis of our role in supporting the soft fruit industry. You will also find here other facilities, such as a searchable database containing soft fruit publications.
- FruitBreeding.co.uk describes breeding, genetics and genomics work on soft fruit at The James Hutton Institute. It also contains descriptions of all the Institute's fruit cultivars, including the renowned 'Glen' raspberries and 'Ben' blackcurrants.
- FruitDisease.co.uk describes research work on soft fruit pests and diseases. It also includes descriptions and pictures of many of the major pests and diseases we work on at The James Hutton Institute and a database containing information on all the soft fruit viruses.
- FruitNutrition.co.uk provides up-to-date information on the health benefits of berries and berry components. Current research and the exciting findings on the link between berry components, polyphenol antioxidants and the prevention of major diseases is highlighted.
- FruitHealth.co.uk is the site for UK and International soft fruit pathogen testing and maintenance of high-health germplasm. The tests are based on world-leading procedures many of which were developed at the Institute. Users of this service can submit details of samples and view test results on line through this secure site. The FruitHealth web site was launched in October 2004 and has already attracted a lot of national and international interest.